Saturday, May 19, 2007
Simply love their showroom! Esp their dining room.
Yup! Juz finish my roving report at UHome and met 2 listeners. One of them is newly wed Jesseca. She went 6 design firms and haven't decided on which one to use. One even promise her that once she signed the deal, they can work on lowering the costs after that. MY GOD! once you signed, it's confirmed that you agree to pay the price, how to lower price.
From my experience, can share with you a few tips:
1) Visit as many showroom as you can, dun be afraid to get more quotations.
2) Tell them what you want and the tight budget you have, see how each designer sell you their package,weigh pros and cons,
what they can and cannot offer.
3) Free gifts are important but reliability is even more important. You will noe if they can be trusted when you speak to them.
A lot of times, if we think the "feeling" is mutual for both interior designer and us, you can go ahead with it.
4) Look at their past records. The houses they have done with other people. How do you feel?
5) Dun be afraid to make your demands, cos it's competitive out there, if they really want your biz, they would give you
an attractive price.
6) Ensure they have good aftersales service.
7) Make sure no hidden costs, meaning all of sudden they will tell you you need to pay more to get that material. Make sure contract stipulate everything, including who to provide what. Some contractors ask their client to go and buy themselves and they onli responsible for fitting in the stuff.
8) IF you can see the 3D layout of your house even b4 you sign, it's even better.
9) Can request to see their current projects to see the workmanship.
Waah! like i'm expert. haha. You might have your experience to share, feel free to drop me messages. Meanwhile, i'm enjoying chocolates given by Uhome people. Yummy! You can check out their websites www.u-home.com.sg
ANYWAY, gst increase in July, so if you seriously consider renovating your house, do it soon! Happy Shopping!
Posted by 傻MUI at 5/19/2007 04:17:00 PM