Was watching Oprah's programme on the above. If you missed it, feel very strongly that i should let u noe.
A lot of girls dream of walking down the aisle with their prince charming, but when u have second thoughts and cold feet, do you still tell the sweetest lie "I DO"??
I always believe in trusting your instincts, follow your heart. You have to be true to yourself. I used to think that saying the truth will hurt a lot of people, but by keeping it all to yourself, you are directly hurting yourself more. If you have cold feet about your forthcoming wedding, read on. It's what i summarise from the speakers of the programme.
1) if all of your considerations is hurting him and his family, you are shrinking
inside and shrinking woman don't make good wives.
2) Don't deny your feelings, feelings are there for you to examine and deal with ,
not to deny and walk away.
3) cold feet is the whisper in you life, telling you something is not right.
4) joy will come in marriage when u live in truth.
5) The planning of wedding sometimes distract you from paying more attention to how
to make your marriage work instead.
6) Wedding shouldn't be a chance for you to show off how grand the dinner is, how
expensive your man has given u the "ROCK".
7) Some girls have doubts about getting married but didn't call off the wedding
becos of the amount of $ u have spent or invested in your wedding, think thrice.
If your wedding doesn't work out, divorce is going to cost u and him more. Also
consider yet again, is your life, your marriage only worth this amount?
8) When its your big day and you are having doubts about it, you keep telling
yourself you have to do it anyway, you don't have a choice, that's gonna be a BIG
mistake in your life.
9) get out of your fantasies about marriage and start to live in the real world,
live in truth, then you'll ensure you have a healthy marriage ahead.
10)marriage help us know who we are.
Read Dr Robin Smith's book "Lies at the Altar." if you have doubts about your partner. Doesn't matter whether you are married or not, it provides questions to help you figure out what r you struggling in your relationships or marriage.
If you still have cold feet about your upcoming wedding and your final decision is to put a STOP to it, you have my full support. You are not alone, dun worry, it's better to say sorry than be sorry later.